OCHSU's Pediatric Academic Centers Research Directors identified the first wave of "early win" demonstration projects based on the following criteria:
- Research strengths in more than one OCHSU site
- Highly relevant topics to provincial policy makers and the public
- Successful research leadership ready and able to move forward quickly
- Patient engagement
- Makes use of clinical trials and data platforms
- Provincial scope
- Provides training opportunities
Current Demonstration Projects
PedCARE: Pediatric Concussion Assessment of Rest and Exertion, a Randomized Controlled Trial
Lead by Drs. Roger Zemek at CHEO and Carol DeMatteo at McMaster Children's Hospital.
Optimizing Growth and Developmental Trajectories in Early Childhood through a Primary Care Practice Based Research Network – TARGet Kids! (The Applied Research Group for Kids)
Lead by Dr. Patricia Parkin at SickKids.
Teens Reaching Adulthood: Needs and Support for Improved Transitional care In Ontario (TRANSITION)
Lead by Dr. Jan Willem Gorter at McMaster Children's Hospital.
In collaboration with:
McMaster Children's Hospital
Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
Hospital for Sick Children
Kingston General Hospital
Children's Hospital, London Health Sciences Centre
Lead by Dr. Yaron Finkelstein at SickKids.